How to implement "Alternate Checkboxes" using Minimal theme

What I’m trying to do

I am new to using Obsidian as my primary note taking tool. I recently stumbled upon the "Minimal " theme and installed it. While reviewing the documentation i found out about the “Checklist” feature that allows me to call out tasks that are incomplete, cancelled or rescheduled etc. There’s a whole list of icons and the syntax provided here- Checklists - Minimal Documentation

I am not sure how to add them in to my notes.

Things I have tried

I have installed the “Style Settings” plugin per the documentation - Checklists - Minimal Documentation but when i go to my setting all i can see is “import” and “export” of its various features.

Stuck with figuring out a step by step way to add those icons in to my notes. When i try “- ” to add a “to do” icon it turns into a “circle” bullet with .

Not sure how to proceed. I have checked several questions on the forum but most of them have responses to expert users of Obsidian. Can someone pls give me a step by step instruction to add this? Thanks.

The trick is to use some letter or character in between the brackets, so on a task line move your cursor to the left and enter a character like ? to get a wuestion mark icon and so on.

You could also see the post (and thread) below for a lot more information.

Everything Holroy said. I’ll just add that as you need to manually type these*, one thing you could do is make a note to keep them handy until you remember the ones you end up using. Hey, you’re in a note taking app! :slightly_smiling_face:

I did this when I first found Minimal and it worked out. Make a note, call it checklists-alts, alternate-checkboxes-Minimal, or whatever makes sense to you. Paste this into the note:

## Minimal's alternative checklists 

```markdown
Syntax|Description

- [ ] to-do
- [/] incomplete
- [x] done
- [-] canceled
- [>] forwarded
- [<] scheduling
- [?] question
- [!] important
- [*] star
- ["] quote
- [l] location
- [b] bookmark
- [i] information
- [S] savings
- [I] idea
- [p] pros
- [c] cons
- [f] fire
- [k] key
- [w] win
- [u] up
- [d] down
```

- [ ] to-do
- [/] incomplete
- [x] done
- [-] canceled
- [>] forwarded
- [<] scheduling
- [?] question
- [!] important
- [*] star
- ["] quote
- [l] location
- [b] bookmark
- [i] information
- [S] savings
- [I] idea
- [p] pros
- [c] cons
- [f] fire
- [k] key
- [w] win
- [u] up
- [d] down

and you have something to refer to.

* If you are using one or a few of these a lot, a template or text expander could (maybe) save a keystroke or two, but that’s something for down the road.