How to disable finger swipes for side panels in obsidian for iOS

How can disable the swiping gestures in iOS?

They are driving me crazy, they keep interrupting my writing if I accidentally move my fingers the “wrong way”.

2 Likes

You can’t fight against this so-called “system gesture”.

(I don’t know what just happened but the forum editor decided to delete my original note when I was trying to edit it) - and I can’t restore it now.

My original note with a few changes:
How can I disable the swiping gestures in iOS? From left, from right and from top.

They are driving me crazy, they keep interrupting my writing if I accidentally move my fingers the “wrong way”. Sometimes an accidental swipe causes the whole editor to jump lines to a different location. I do not need these sidebars so urgently when I am writing one note or many notes. Most of these things can be reached via a button or two if I am not mistaken?

1 Like

Thanks… this doesn’t sound very reassuring.

This adds to my previous experience here where I spent a good few hours composing a very nice and clear bug report with screenshots and all (Maybe not a serious bug but it’s a bug!) and a good hearted moderator threw it to “the bug graveyard” claiming it is not a bug, closing it to edits, and telling me to write it again (yeah right) from scratch as a “feature request” instead of transferring it over there himself in one click.

I am losing faith in this software and community…

1 Like

I’m moving to Org-roam, give up using mobile device(iPhone/iPad) gains freedom.

I agree that the handling of bug reports here is often not very friendly, but I think the reason they ask you to repost instead of just moving is that bug reports and feature requests have different templates to follow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.