How to create link to headings (using markdown links) that is a link to another note obsidian?

I revise my notes in obsidian slides and usually my first slide is table of content.

What I’m trying to do is

I want to create toc using markdown links as it works with most of markdown editor. I don’t use wiki links as it doesn’t works in many online editor.

I can’t create a link to one of my headings.

## TOC

- [display:flex](<#display flex>)
- [referrerpolicy](<#[referrerpolicy] html 07 anchor md referrerpolicy>)
- etc

---

### display:flex 

The `Display:flex` allows the element and it's children to have flex properties but the container itself stays block level element.

---

### [referrerpolicy](./html_07_anchor.md#referrerpolicy)

^564bbd

Specifies which referrer to use when fetching the resource

**value:**   
- `no-referrer`  
- `no-referrer-when-downgrade`  
- `origin`  
- `origin-when-cross-origin`  
- `unsafe-url`  

so what is the syntax to link to the ‘reffererpolicy’ heading ? so that when i hover over the link, it will show a quick preview or when click on the link it will scroll to the heading.

Things I have tried

[referrerpolicy](<#[referrerpolicy](./html_07_anchor.md#referrerpolicy)>)

[refer policy](%5Breferrerpolicy%5D%28.%2Fhtml_07_anchor.md%23referrerpolicy%29)

[referrerpolicy](<#^564bbd>)

do i have (use \) to escape some character to do this. how do you escape character in the headings ?

Alright, i found where the problem is. # character in the toc link was creating this problem

so this doesn’t work:

## TOC

- [referrerpolicy](<#[referrerpolicy](./html_07_anchor.md#referrerpolicy)>)

but this is working:

## TOC

- [referrerpolicy](<#[referrerpolicy](./html_07_anchor.md referrerpolicy)>)

- [referrerpolicy](<#referrerpolicy(./html_07_anchor.md referrerpolicy)>)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.