How to clear iframe cache in Obsidian?

Hi, does anyone know how to clear iframe cache in Obsidian?
Since Obsidian 0.9.6, some functions of Excalidraw.com can’t be used because of this :

Then, I set sandbox="allow-modals" but still got the same error result. Here is iframe code that I use :

<iframe src="https://excalidraw.com/" style="position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%; border:none;  height:100%;" sandbox="allow-modals"></iframe>

I think the error is because Obsidian cache is not refreshed. Or is there something else that I miss?

Hm. Not sure, though there’s gotta be a way. I imagine a folder or file in the hidden .obsidian directory in your vault contains cache information like this. Alternatively, it looks like you can wipe it via Developer Tools:

I tried what you shared:

when you are developing, in developer tools go to the tab application and in clear storage and clear site data

And also this one:

The Electron stores it’s cache in these folders:

Windows:
C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming<yourAppName>\Cache

Linux:
/home//.config//Cache

OS X:
/Users//Library/Application Support//Cache

So deleting these folders can also help you. Of course this is one time solution :wink:

but still got the same error. Also tried to reinstall Obsidian (with clean uninstalling), still got the same error.

Then I tried with another laptop (Obsidian was fresh installed). But got the same error. So, I think it’s nothing to do with iframe cache.

Anyway thank you for the help!

If someone want to repro the error, here are the steps:

1. Embed Excalidraw iframe with this code
    <iframe src="https://excalidraw.com/" style="position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%; border:none; height:100%;" sandbox="allow-modals"></iframe>
  2. in Excalidraw, try to press trash (reset the canvas) button.

The expected result is this window will pop-up. It worked when 0.9.4.

The actual result in 0.9.6 is nothing happen, and check the console then you will find this error.

Hm. Let’s convert this to a bug report. Can you reproduce this without any plugins enabled and without custom CSS? (just to be sure.)

What OS are you using?

Yes, I can.

Obsidian : 0.9.6
Custom CSS : no

1 Like

This is fixed, thank you for your help (and thank you devs for the update)!

1 Like

Is this the right way to clear the cache?

rm "$HOME/Library/Application Support/obsidian/Cache"