How to append text from Drafts to my weekly Obsidian note?

Things I’ve tried

I’ve tried modifying the advanced uri action that appends to my daily note, but it didn’t work.

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying out a weekly log in Obsidian instead of using a daily note. I’d like to be able to use Drafts to append text to the weekly page.

This is the callback that currently works to append text to my daily note:
obsidian://advanced-uri?vault=[[vaultName]]&daily=true&data=[[data]]&mode=append

I’ve changed “daily” to “weekly”, but no go. Is there a way to specify an existing, current weekly note, and append text to it?

What is the name format of your weekly note?

Each weekly note is titled after the convention 2022-W26.

FYI I can make the URI work by changing the title of the weekly note to Current-Note and specifying that in the callback as the file name, but I’m still hoping there’s a way to identify the current weekly note and automatically append to it without that kind of manual intervention.

So just as you specified the file name, replace it with this template code from Drafts:

[[date|%Y-W%W]]

(you may need to change %W to %U, check the next link which explains that each of them calculates the week number differently)

http://strftime.net

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Incredibly helpful, thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.