How to add an image using the url scheme

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to figure out how to add an image to a note (new or existing) using the URL scheme. I can add text no problem, but I couldn’t find anything that mentions images. Only finding elementary results on how to just add an image in your vault.

Things I have tried

There’s not much I can test here. The URL scheme doesn’t have a parameter for it. I had this working when I kept my vault in Dropbox, but since I moved to Sync, I can’t figure this one out.

What do you mean URL scheme?

You add an image like this…

[Alt text here if you want it if not this can be blank](image url here inside or outside your vault)

I’m not trying to add an image using the editor. Trying to add an image using the URI scheme.

Maybe a better way for me to ask this is:

is there a way to use the URI Scheme to add an image to the vault?

Or maybe a way to use Siri Shortcuts to save an image directly to an Obsidian Sync vault?

When my vault was in Dropbox or iCloud this was easy. But there’s no option when using Obsidian Sync.

Anyone else have a thought? Thanks!

As far as I know there is no way to add a file to a vault using an URI. Those are primarily for receiving information, not posting information.

However, since an Obsidian vault is just a file folder, you can use whatever method to add a file to that folder. Obsidian will register that a new file has been added, and will include information on that file the next time it’s opened.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.