How do I add (get) images in my Sortable cards?

Hi there,

I hope there’s somebody that can help me with the Sortable plugin. I’ve got it working in my post, but I just can’t it to show images.

Does anybody know how this works?

I’ve got this working:

TABLE 
	cards-cover, Kind, Category, Rating
FROM "Recipes"
WHERE Type = "#recipe" 
SORT Status desc

It looks like this:

As you see I’m trying to embed an image, but no matter what I do in the YAML header, or below that, it won’t show any image.

I’d like to have a nice card where the image is shown above the title, just like the layout you see on this page:

I just can’t find it. Or am I overlooking something? Is there someone smart out there that can help me? :pray:

Thanks in advance.

Was hard to find a solution, most answers are very complex if you dont know what youre doing. Found a simple solution for the exact same problem.
Simply paste your image into the note like always, just this time into YAML, behind your cover “parameter” (dont know what its called rn). But put " in front and behind. After that you simply list the cover “parameter” like any other.

---
cards-cover: "![[YourImageName.png]]"
---

In DataView keep what you had,

TABLE 
	cards-cover, Kind, Category, Rating
FROM "Recipes"
WHERE Type = "#recipe" 
SORT Status desc

Edit:
if you want to have the image above the title and still the file as a link below, then:

TABLE without ID
	cards-cover, file.link as Note, Kind, Category, Rating
FROM "Recipes"
WHERE Type = "#recipe" 
SORT Status desc

(file.link) as note is just saying how the table will name the row (when not using minimal theme).

1 Like

Holy smoke, this works like a charm!!

Would you maybe also have a solution for the image size/height? They’re now all different because my images are different. They’re basically just screenshots or pictures from my dish.
It would be great if they could have a fixed height, just like the Banner plugin has. A simple % or pixel size.

Such a pity this Sortable cards plugin only works with the Minimal theme. I’m not into this theme, but I’ll have to use it to get the advantage of the cards, which are fantastic for recipes.

Thanks a lot for your help @CreepyBasti.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.