How could I set a YAML?

Hi everyone!
I’m currently find out how I could set my vault from the scratch and wondering particularly how to set a YAML for my notes. I need to build a template for my bibliographic references. With another application, I used to fill in my cards with system attributes: Authors, BookTitle, Publisher, Tags, and so on. What about a YAML? Is there a list of system variables I should know? Thanks for your suggestions.

Hello,
Have you searched for YAML in other posts? There are many exchanges that would help you get started and probably answer your questions.

I did it, but did not find a YAML standard example for bibliographic references. I start here from the scratch and don’t want to rebuild my vault another time. That’s why I ask my question.

YAML isn’t a standard but a markup language for data. That’s the way I explain it. Others approach it differently, which is excellent. You get to implement YAML as fits your needs and add data using your specification piece-by-piece, note-by-note. You can copy another YAML specification if that helps.

Is this one right?

---
tags:
aliases:
authors:
ArticleTitle:
BookTitle:
PublicationYear:
Journal:
URL:
---

Make sure to surround your text with triple backticks ```, so it renders as the Markdown code. I’ve edited your post for you, if you don’t mind.

Thank you. I dit it but, I don’t know how, it did not appear in my post. I have a new one:

---
date: {{date}}
type:
authors:
citation key:
title:
year:
original publication:
tags:
aliases:
---

I’d like to know: when I insert brackets between my tags, the brackets appear in grey in the preview, as you can see on the picture below. Is that correct or do I miss someting?

s

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.