Hover colour in file explorer

Things I have tried

I have tried for three hours (and searched the forum) to change the hover colour in the file explorer. Even using the dev tools, I can’t figure out the setting I need to change. Feeling pretty dumb. ;(

hover over file explorer

What I’m trying to do

Could someone tell me how to change the hover colour so that the text beneath the hover is visible?

Many thanks

Angel

Hello! Could you try this? And what theme are you using?

.nav-file-title:hover,
.nav-folder-title:hover,
.nav-file-title-content:hover,
.nav-folder-title-content:hover{
color: black !important;
}

4 Likes

Hello, Chetachi

That’s fantastic. So long as I hover over the actual text (rather than to the side of it), the words change colour and are readable. Perfect! Was actually thinking of changing the colour of the hover highlight, but changing the text colour works just as well. Thank you.

I am using the default theme installed with the app. I had read a thread about using coloured folders, and had been trying to learn from the css snippet provided. Lots to discover, tweak, and refine.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and time. I hope one day that I will be able to repay the kindness or to pass it on to other users in other ways.

Angel

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Glad I could help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.