Hotkey for Focusing between Notes

I once had hotkeys set up to switch between open notes. When I now wanted to use them again, I noticed that the hotkeys were converted to “Focus on tab group”.

This is not the same as focusing on another note. First, I thought it was broken and the hotkeys did nothing now (because I don’t use tab groups).
This is not the case. But apparently the functionality was changed and there is no way to bind the former function of “Focus on note/tab (above|below|left)” to a key combination.

Please re-add this functionality. This could be as a new hotkey functions or as restoring the former functionality of the hotkeys.

PS: I use sliding panes

Environment

• Operating system: Arch Linux
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.1.3
	Installer version: v1.0.3
	Operating system: #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri, 02 Dec 2022 17:25:31 +0000 6.0.11-arch1-1
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: insider
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: adapt to system
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: off
	Plugins installed: 17
	Plugins enabled: 14
		1: Advanced Tables v0.17.3
		2: Obsidian Git v1.25.2
		3: Editor Syntax Highlight v0.1.3
		4: Focus Mode v1.8.3
		5: Dataview v0.4.26
		6: Waypoint v1.1.0
		7: Paste URL into selection v1.7.0
		8: Smart Random Note v0.2.1
		9: Folder Note v0.7.3
		10: Templater v1.12.0
		11: Diagrams v1.5.0
		12: Linter v1.2.10
		13: Show Current File Path v0.5.2
		14: Frontmatter Tag Suggest v0.4.1

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

this is not a bug. If you are using stacked tabs you need to look for hotkeys that change “tab” not “tab group”.

Obsidian_TtKA5OB2Se

Thanks for the hint. The choice of migration was irritating to me. I probably was on the change logs when it changed (I hope). But I forgot I even had set up the hotkeys.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.