Hot Reload Plugins when changes detected on file

Hi,

Has anyone gotten plugin hotloading to work? I did see an oldish plugin for this however I didn’t have success when trying it (changes to my plugin were never noticed until I restart obsidian).

Have the developers considered building plugin hotloading into the app? Apologies if I missed a discussion or documentation around this, I’m still quite new to obsidian especially on the developer front.

Cheers,
Rich

Edit: I’m running this on Windows 11 Pro latest version, obsidan desktop v 1.0.3

1 Like

There is a Force Reload in the menues, does that do what you want?

Did not. I have log statements in my modified plugin and I don’t see them after a modification by either method of filewatching (I assume the plugin implements this?), not the “Hot Reload: Check plugins for changes and reload them” command item.

Also going to edit the above post to contain my version info.

Oh, I had not read about the .hotreload file - I think once I added that to my new plugin’s folder, I’m about to do both operations (hotload by filewatch and by command) - appears to be working!

New question: if I place a .hotreload folder at the base of the plugins folder, will it just watch all of them for changes?

Thanks for the help,
Rich

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.