Hiding the backlink counter & pencil

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to move the status bar slightly to the right.

Things I have tried

My CSS snippet currently looks like this:

.status-bar {
    position: relative;
    left:-5px;
}

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to do anything. Is there something wrong with my code?

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 2.03.04 PM

Move it right? Isn’t it already locked to the bottom/right? Do you use a non-default theme, which changes that?

Update: The .status-bar refers to the entire bottom line, and it seems to be in a static position. What do you want to change the position of? The various elements within the status bar? If so, they seem to be of the class status-bar-item with some additional classes to match their origin.

The word count is related to the class plugin-word-count, and it’s display property is flex. So maybe if you want to have more air around it you need to change the padding or margin of that element?

I need to get better at reading the request, I think. If you’re wanting to explicitly hide the backlink counter and pencil (aka the status mode indicator), you can do something like:

.status-bar-item.plugin-backlink,
.status-bar-item.plugin-editor-status {
  display: none;
}

And the second one, related to the editor status, could also been turned off by disabling Settings > Editor > Editor status. Which in case would make it redundant in the CSS.

Also the Commander community plugin lets you hide status bar items.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.