Hide Checked ToDo’s?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before (I searched but couldn’t find any related posts)…

Is there a way to hide checked/completed todo items in either edit or preview?

I’ve used a few different themes and while some offer a strike through, I can’t find any that will automatically hide a checked item. Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, this is possible with CSS if you’re comfortable creating a CSS snippet with the following content:

.markdown-preview-view ul > li.task-list-item.is-checked {
  display: none;
}

There is also a Community plugin called “Completed Task Display” that provides a toggle for showing and hiding completed tasks in preview mode.

2 Likes

Great, thanks!

Thanks I’ve been using this, it works great! Any idea how to implement strikethrough formatting on checklists in editor mode? (Like they function in preview)

Thank you very much! The plugin can also be installed on mobile… but I cannot find the ribbon on mobile. Any ideas? Would be a great shopping list.

When you try the CSS snippet from above it is important to know that it hides the checked lines only in “reading” view (at least in Obsidian 1.0.0), not in “editing” view. I consider this a feature because otherwise you would always have to turn off the snippet to uncheck the hidden lines.

In case anyone else can’t find the button on mobile, it’s not in the ribbon but in the three horizontal lines menu under “Task Hider”.

1 Like

On mobile (phone), those three lines are the ribbon. You can hide and reorder the items from Settings > Appearance > Advanced > Ribbon menu → manage.