Hemingway Editor Plugin

I’ve been a long-time fan of Hemingway, which helps “make your writing bold and clear.”

I personally love the inline highlighting of verbose sentences, adverbs and passive voice.

Depending on how the API is shaped and how much access it provides to highlighting, I can build this myself as well.

22 Likes

This looks awesome

Very cool! This reminds me of this example by Gary Provost, coloured by sentence length, to control rhythm.

3 Likes

That would be nice addition to save some time going back and forth :slight_smile:

I actually was just creating an account here to suggest the same thing. I use Hemingway for all my writing and I’ve been copying text back and forth between that and Obsidian. Having this information in Obsidian would be awesome.

I can also help write the plugin or test one.

+1 for the Hemingway plugin. It would be really awesome—many people seem to use it and it would instantly become a great addition.

This is an example of someone who reconstructed the ideas behind Hemingway as a web app, the code is open source.

2 Likes

I highly want this plugin. Unfortunately, I’m not a programmer!

Perhaps one could use the retext library? https://github.com/retextjs/awesome-retext .

If someone jumps in, I could help.

Hi all, so I pick up this project and built a plugin that utilizes retext. Thanks @cristian for the suggestion.

If anyone is interested in helping me test it, you can get it here GitHub - patleeman/obsidian-readability

I’m not on this forum much, so feel free to open issues in that repository.

1 Like

That’s fantastic, @patleeman.

I will reach out tomorrow on Github to install it.

So happy someone worked on this!

@patleeman

I’ve tried the plugin and find it useful, especially for learning word alternatives.

thank you for this :slight_smile:

Do you think it could be published in the plugin directory? GitHub - obsidianmd/obsidian-releases: Community plugins list, theme list, and releases of Obsidian.

I have a contractor currently working 0.5 FTE on two Obsidian plugins, one of which is a plugin very similar to Hemingway App. Feel free to add your ideas on GitHub: