Help With Headers/Titles

I hope someone here can help me. I’m relatively new to Obsidian, and sometimes the sheer number of options feels overwhelming.

At some point in the past, the date headers on my daily pages started truncating in editor mode. See the attached screenshots for examples. I’m not sure where to adjust this setting or even if I can. I could delete every plugin and theme I have, but that seems like the nuclear option, and I’d like to avoid that if at all possible.

Does anyone know what’s causing this problem and how I might fix it? Thanks in advance!
CleanShot 2021-05-31 at 11.47.55 CleanShot 2021-05-31 at 11.35.44

Hi,

about deleting themes and plugins - that is unnecessary, you can simply turn them off in the settings, if you want to go the elimination road of determining which one is the culprit (if any).

Just go to Settings, in the left column find either the internal or external Plugins and click, and in the right pane you should see them all listed. They all have a switch to turn them on or off. Do not click the X, as that will indeed delete the plugin.

For further investigation, you can turn on the Developer Tools. Shortcut = Alt-Cmd-I on Mac, you can also find them under View > Toggle Developer Tools. That gives you the tools to investigate the CSS etc. There’s probably more about how that works in the Help Vault.

Switching back temporarily to the default theme will give you a clue about whether the error is caused by the theme you are using or a plugin. The default (light or dark) theme doesn’t cause issues, afaik. And certainly not with all the plugins turned off.

If things look okay with the default theme on, and all the plugins you are currently using also on, it’s obvious the error comes from a downloaded or custom theme you are using.

If not, turn all your plugins off. Switching them back on one by one, should help you find the guilty one.

Thank you @FiekeB!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.