Headings # ## ### are to big

Somthing has happend, now I get super large text even in editor when I use headings (# ## ##). I have looked in the setting, searched google and here but can’t find a solution.
Please help me, I love this app!

You can try adjusting the text size of entire note by holding ctrl and rolling the mouse wheel back and forth. I’m assuming you are using the default theme; but, if not, you can always go into the Appearance section of the settings and change your theme to one that has headings in a size that you like. Another option is to use a css snippet to control this "How to achieve" CSS code snippets. Or you could utilize a plugin that controls styling. I hope this helps get you on the right path to finding a solution. Good luck!

Hi again, sorry… I am using it on my phone and iPad, I sync to VS Code on my mac through apple cloud (that was OT). Did not know there was an Mac app, will look in to it After this is fixed.

I have changed themes and tried different ones but the are the same. Example screenshoot.

On Obsidian Mobile there is a Font size slider in the Appearance section of the settings. You just have to scroll down a bit. From the looks of the screenshot, I don’t think there is anything that looks obviously off in terms of proportional sizing. Perhaps just adjusting that global text size slider I mentioned will do the trick. If you want to precisely define the heading font sizes, you can use this snippet which was copied from the source I linked to. You can go there for more info in terms of how to install it. Anyways, here it is:

/* Change header size in Edit mode */
.cm-header-1 {
  font-size: 27px;
}

.cm-header-2 {
  font-size: 22px;
}

.cm-header-3 {
  font-size: 21px;
}

.cm-header-4 {
  font-size: 19px;
}

.cm-header-5 {
  font-size: 16px;
}

.cm-header-6 {
  font-size: 13px;
}

Good luck. Hope you figure it out and share what the issue was. Thanks.

1 Like

I might miss the target completely here, but you haven’t just switched to using # instead of ## recently?

The usual convention for many people are to use ## for the main titles in any given note, and let the file name be the topmost heading. And if you’re new, which I don’t know if you are (so sorry if I’m mistaken), you could maybe have switched back to using # instead of ##?

See Obsidian Titles/Headers - #7 by robertandrews for a little more information on not using the level 1 headers.

Regards,
Holroy

I have now tried to make a new “name.css” file in /themes and in /snippets (to overide just the h1, h2, h3 and so som. But Can’t get it to work.

I got it to work, I had to use this code:

.cm-s-obsidian .HyperMD-header-1,
.cm-s-obsidian .HyperMD-header-2,
.cm-s-obsidian .HyperMD-header-3,
.cm-s-obsidian .HyperMD-header-4 {
font-size: 18px;
line-height: 24px;
}

Seems like the old code has been depricated.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.