Headers in Dataview Task gone

Things I have tried

Searched this forum and Dataview’s help but could not find it. Restarted Obsidian, renamed the tags, same result.

What I’m trying to do

When I used this Dataview code I used to see the tasks sorted by file name as is the default view:

If I now open a page I only see the tasks and no longer the note/file they are in.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Arjan

I do not think this is your “doing”. I think Dataview made some changes recently to add new features :tada: and the documentation has not yet caught up :frowning: . I get the same results as you for the default TASK, which no longer matches the documentation. Luckily, there is an example just below that shows we can get the information back using GROUP BY queries for file.name or file.path or…

Sort by Note/File Name:

TASK FROM #ToDo
WHERE !completed
WHERE file.name != "Gesprek"
GROUP BY file.name

My guess at something like the default in the documentation with full file path and links to the notes:

TASK FROM #ToDo
WHERE !completed
WHERE file.name != "Gesprek"
GROUP BY link(file.path)

This uses the link function from Dataview to turn the file path into a link, so you can remove that bit if you don’t want clickable file-names. Does that help you get back what you wanted?

1 Like

Thanks! That clears it up and does the trick!

The link(file.path) is what I wanted so I can directly access the note with the task.

Thanks again!

Arjan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.