Header folding by tapping on the header text or icon next to it

I use header folding a lot. On mobile, the little folding triangle is very small and I frequently have to tap it several times to hit it.

Proposed plugin:
Make the header text clickable, so that a click / tap on the header text folds the header. Alternatively it could be clicking / tapping the empty space next to the header text, or an icon that is displayed to the right of the header text, similar to the “3 dots” which unfold a folded header.

2 Likes

As a workaround, it should be possible to use a CSS snippet to enlarge or replace the triangle.

Thank you @CawlinTeffid , I did try that some long time ago with css I found elsewhere (I don’t know how to program / css), but it was wonky, so I refrained…

If you felt like it, you might look for a theme that has better fold icons and copy the CSS from there (if you didn’t feel like it, that would be understandable :slight_smile:).

hmmm I never thought of copying css from a theme tbh… I’m afraid you gave my inner ultra-nerd a new obsession. But not now, it’s 4am over here. …musttt…resissstttt…

Obsidian Wizard commands you to sleep!

/\  * * ZZZ
   oo  /  
  ````o
 / `` \
/      \

:joy:

Well if the wizard speaks, you gotta obey!!

Commenting to bump this request.

This snippet ought to do the trick.

.collapse-icon svg.svg-icon  {
    /*These are originally set to 10px each in the default theme*/
    width: 20px; 
    height: 20px;
}

The snippet bellow makes it so the hole line of the header is clickable in reading mode

.heading-collapse-indicator {
    width: 100%;
    position: absolute;
}
1 Like

So glad that I found this discussion! I don’t really have a clue what I’m doing, but this might improve the above answer a bit, preventing the document (with readable line lengths enabled) from being scrollable horizontally.

.heading-collapse-indicator {
    width: 90%;
    position: absolute;
    max-width: calc(var(--file-line-width) + 22px);
}

This is really cool. Is there any way to make this work in reading mode too? I don’t mind if I’m not able to edit headers right away, I prefer them folding.