Handwriting status

What status is handwriting in Obsidian for Android, now?
For me, it is unusable.

Lenovo Tab P11 Pro, Lenovo Pen 2, Obsidian 1.5.8

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to use the stylus to make handwriten notes in the MD editor.
Though handwriting recognition works somehow, the user experience is so bad that it is actually unusable.

Is handwriting supposed to work now? Requests for this feature are several years old, in these forums.

What doesn’t work

1. The timeouts are set so short, that the handwriting mode is being canceled in the middle of a sentence. Even when I try to write fast. Then you have to enable the handwriting mode again, you cannot continue writing.

2. Before the handwriting mode starts, you have to click with the pen several times in order to turn the handwriting mode on. In some situations its virtually impossible to turn this mode on, because other modes take preference (like e.g. spelling correction). When this happens, you have to turn the keyboard on, write a space, and then you can enable the handwriting again.

3. I don’t know how to write a space with the stylus pen.

4. Usually, I cannot write anywhere at the screen, because this moves the cursor to another line, though sometimes it is possible. I think, I have to begin my stroke at the line with the cursor.

The only positive thing is that the handwriting recognition works very well.

Handwriting is not a feature of the app itself, and we currently have no plans to implement it.
Whatever you are using is either a community plugin or a feature of your OS.

You’re right, it seems to be a Lenovo tablet feature. Doesn’t work very well :-(.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.