Grouping and printing a set of Notes for Studying

Hi!

I’m a student and have been using Obsidian to take notes for a few months. Following the concept of atomic notes, I’ve been periodically reviewing my notes and breaking them down into smaller notes (even though I still keep bigger notes every once in a while).

However, I ran into a problem when trying to study the material: I usually prefer studying on printed paper, since I feel like I grasp the information more than reading on my MacBook (and my eyes also benefit from that). Even though I know I can export a note from Obsidian, since I have a lot of atomic notes, that process would be too long and tedious.

I also know that I can make a MOC with all the links and add a ! before them, but, other than the fact that the exported PDF doesn’t look great, it only works for macro-topics, and if I had to go put a ! in front of all the links in all my files, I would go crazy.

Is there any way to solve this? How do you approach this problem?

1 Like

I agree that this is a tough obstacle when you use the atomic notes method. I’ve come up against it myself. I don’t have anything perfect, but a few ideas for the MOC route:

• You can use Notepad++ to automatically add ! before each line (at least I think you can).

• You can put a “___” after each link in the MOC so that each note prints on a separate page.

• Why does an MOC only work for macro-topics? You can make the scope of an MOC as broad or narrow as you like.

1 Like

You can do that in Obsidian with multiple cursors.

2 Likes

You’re right of course! Excellent!

1 Like

You might want to print the notes from your file system, not from Obsidian. With your mac’s Finder, go into your vault’s folder, select /search all the files to print, and command P. Would that work?