Graph view sometimes shows broken colored lines across the screen

Steps to reproduce

1. Open local graph view

Expected result

Normal graph view displays

Actual result

I get the view that is attached. This happened to me in the past with Google Chrome, and is a well known problem described on this web page.

Environment

• Operating system and hardware: macOS Catalina, version 10.15.6, on a MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019
  • Obsidian version: 0.9.1

Additional information

Interesting. I haven’t had the good fortune of experiencing this. Sadly, though, since it is a Chrome issue, it’s an Electron issue, not a bug with Obsidian—so I’m sending this one to the graveyard.

Is there a way to turn off that setting in the Obsidian-hosted version of Chrome, as you can through Chrome settings? When I toggled off hardware acceleration in Chrome, the bug went away, but so far as I know there isn’t an external way to change settings on a hosted browser canvas unless it is surfaced by the host app.

Back in the day on Windows, I would run into things like this with hosted IE, and there were ways to poke the registry to do it without needing a UI, but not sure if there is any equivalent to that with Electron on the Mac.

Thanks,
O

Great question. I agree, you probably need an option in Obsidian for that. Maybe this should be a feature request. Tagging @Licat?