Graph the Web: Obsidian web browser add-on

I’ve always dreamed of a tool which would allow me to highlight sentences in a webpage and automatically turn these highlights into nodes/notes in a graph. Such a tool would make it easy to establish connections between things read in different webpages (once I highlight something, I can connect it to anything else I’ve highlighted before), giving rise to a networked repository of my navigation. All of that through the comfort of web browser (via add-on).

In the past, I’ve briefly investigated how such a tool could be prototyped via a mix of Hypothesis and Kumu. However, I lack the technical knowledge for such a weaving. But since I’ve started using Obsidian, I have a feeling that it has the potential to become such a tool. Would anyone here have thoughts around that?

Thank you!

4 Likes

THIS???
I’ve been messing with my mind for a while and figure out that this is exactly what I need!
Almost 2 years later, does anyone know of such a tool? I was messing with other PKM tools and even thought of just using a new obsidian vault and something like “markdownload” to save the pages