Google Task management from Obsidian

I’ve tried this plugin (I’m not the creator) and it’s really fantastic.

Allows you to manipulate Google Tasks from Obsidian. It is certainly a bit cumbersome to configure but following the steps of the creator, you get it.

Why do I share it? With only one goal: Let other developers explore it and grow.

I think it has the potential to be a good bridge between Markdown’s plain text To-Do’s and Obsidian’s tasks. It’s possible that it could be complemented with other plugins like Tasks.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@navakelvin Thanks to your recommendation, I decided to install the plugin :slight_smile:

I like that task editing is possible directly from the plugin interface. Wasn’t expecting that!

In addition, it allows for an Obsidian-centric experience for additional task management tools like Reclaim.io, which integrate directly with Google Tasks and Calendar. No need to go to the browser!

Yuki should come on to the forum!
It’d be nice to spread the word about this tool. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

CAUTION: Link above should be Reclaim.ai. I apologize for the mistake!

Anyone else having trouble with this in the past few weeks? Was working perfectly, and now I’m seeing a blank rectangle and freezes the app when I try to add a task and insert into note.

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve been trying to get this plugin to work thrice with no luck. I can complete the steps listed on the github readme, but when I click ‘login’ in the plugin settings, nothing happens - no notifications, no web oauth popup, zilch. I have made sure that the google task api is enabled. Modifying the clientid/secret strings does a message if I tamper with them. I’ve checked that I’ve setup an API key, javascript URIs and that I’ve added myself as a test user. What could I be missing?

Can anyone provide a bit more detail on what the expected behavior is when clicking the login button in obsidian?

I also don’t understand why you need to add a an API token/key when this is not used anywhere in the plugin settings?