Give different panes different colors

I’m not sure whether to post this in Help or in Feature Requests, since I’m not sure if this is possible yet/at all. I have a few panes open at once, and I was wondering if it’s feasible to give panes open at the same time slightly different background colors, just to make navigating them quickly slightly easier?

So, for example, pane 1 on the right would be the normal white (or dark) background, then pane 2 top left would be slightly red, and pane 3 bottom left slightly green.

There’s the limelight plugin, that I know of, but this only makes the non-active panes less visible, which is nice, but not quite what I’m looking for, since I’m working on two monitors and would like all panes to be equally readable.

Any ideas?

There are a few options.

1. Use a theme/CSS snippet that changes the colour of the active panes, as you’ve described.

2. Use the cssclass YAML Metadata property to change the colour of specific notes, as discussed here. This won’t change the panes, just the notes.

3. Use a theme/CSS snippet that changes the colour of panes using nth selectors. This might be somewhat involved, and I’m not sure I’ve seen it elsewhere, but it should be possible.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.