- I recently moved a large vault from my system explorer to Google Drive. The vault has many .png images (about 2 gb)
- I was encountering serious problems (not loading images, persistently lagging and ending up freezing).
- I copied my folder back to my hard-drive and the system explorer gave me alert - I was unable to copy a .gdoc to my system explorer.
- I deleted the .gdoc file and the vault started working normally without the above problems.
- problem resolved
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Obsidian version: 0.12.19
I am not sure if my causation association is 100% accurate, because the timeline of this experience was over a number of weeks because I wasn’t using the vault. But the fix after deleting .gdocs file was immediate.