Full context view of backlinks

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to mimic the Backlink view style from Logseq. In logseq the full context of the hyperlink is shown in the backlink view as it shows all the text down to the next heading from the same level of where the linked text resides.

LogSeq

The context in this linked reference is what I am trying to mimic in Obsidian:

Obsidian View

Current Obsidian default view.

I would like to see if there is a setting (or plugin) that will give the full context of a backlink down to the next heading of the same level.

Things I have tried

I understand that Logseq and Obsidian are fundamentally different. In logseq “everything is a block”, which isn’t strictly the case in Obsidian.

I have clicked on the “Show More Context”. The default appears to be to show down to the first blank line. Then I can click on “Show More Context” and it shows a few more lines (and it appears I can do this repeatedly).

I have also searched the Community Plugins and didn’t see one that fit what I am looking for.

Try the Influx plugin, it might be what you are looking for. If you use queries, the Query Control plugin can also give you more context than the core functionality.

The influx plugin is close to what I am looking for.

I like the logseq way of not showing context past the level of the reference. For example, in the image above, LogSeq would not show the “Next thing” part as it is a different context.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.