Full Calendar Plugin - replicate Google Calendar in your Vault

Awesome, well done!

2 Likes

I tried installing manually by unzipping the package to my .obsidian/plugin but it failed to load.

Any reasons why?

nevermind. I unzip the wrong file, my bad :grimacing:

Game changer plugin !!

As a feature request, I would like to see the option to change the headers or work of a template when a note is generated. Maybe the cleanest would be to select a template for the meeting notes.

5 Likes

Readonly GCal sync is available in the 0.2.0 release:

3 Likes

This has got to be one of the most exciting plugin I’ve seen in a while! Can’t wait for the full release!

(all we are missing then is a proper email integration to turn Obsidian into a fully-fledged productivity suite!)

5 Likes

This is so cool.
I am new to Obsidian and currently looking for a way to create a calendar in it.

I have found previously the Itinerary plugin which is also based on the full calendar library.

The itinerary plugin docs say that any param in the full calendar library can be used to render a calendar inside of Obsidian…

I still haven’t tinkered with it though and I wonder if it’s the same with this plugin ? Or will it be ?

Delighted to find this new plugin and thank you for all of the development work.

I’m not certain where to comment on problems so I’ll be brief here. Adding new event in week view. See expected pop-up, fill in title, click . Pop-up still visible and can be edited. Manually close with “x”. No event showing in calendar view. Linux if it matters.

Hi Cherrybark, can you file a bug on GitHub issues? I’ll be able to help you more there. Issues · davish/obsidian-full-calendar · GitHub

I’m excited to announce Full Calendar 0.5.0 ! There’s been a lot of bug fixes and features over the past few versions, but here are the highlights:

• One-way sync for any calendar in .ics format . That includes private Google Calendars, iCloud calendars, and any other public calendar you can find on the web. I’ve added a weather calendar which has been really fun and useful.

• FullCalendar by default only has a light mode, but the plugin now uses Obsidian’s CSS variables for theming. This means that Full Calendar will adjust its color scheme based on your theme , and Dark Mode has been considerably improved. The desktop screenshot is the default dark mode theme, and the mobile screenshot is Minimal light theme with the macOS sub-theme.

• Full Calendar is now fully supported on mobile with some additional CSS improvements.

Full Calendar is still only available via BRAT, but I’ve submitted it to the community list and hopefully it will be available there soon! As always, I really appreciate any and all bug reports and feature requests on GitHub issues.

6 Likes

This update is HUGE and I love it. Enabling .ics calendars will now get me to really use this plugin now.

The biggest benefit of this is that you no longer have to make your private Google calendar public in order to synchronize it with this plugin. You can now use the “Secret address in iCal format” to do it. This allows you to sync the calendar while keeping it private.

thank you so much for adding this functionality. The visual improvements are also a bonus!

3 Likes

Feature request: Setting default view.

Love where this is headed!

3 Likes

Are there any plans to convert/import vcards for birthdays?

Also love where this is going !!

It would be cool to have an option from the ical events to right click or button to create a note out of that.

Also looking forward to having the template selection that is planned !

2 Likes

Did someone try the dataviewjs example as described in documentation?

```dataviewjs
const { renderCalendar } = app.plugins.plugins["obsidian-full-calendar"];
let calendar = renderCalendar(this.container, [{startDate: "2022-01-26", startTime: "17:00", endTime: "22:00", id: "id", title: "This is an event"}]);
calendar.render();

I’m getting:

Evaluation Error: TypeError: Cannot destructure property ‘eventClick’ of ‘undefined’ as it is undefined.

Received same error.

I have the same error and at, line 28 of calendar.ts can’t destructure ‘eventClick’ from an apparently undefined object. This can be fixed by using this example instead :

this.container.style.minHeight = "800px";
const { renderCalendar } = app.plugins.plugins["obsidian-full-calendar"];
let calendar = renderCalendar(this.container, [[{start: new Date(), id: "id", title: "Now and for an hour"}]],  {});
calendar.render()

(I have added an {} settings to the renderCalendar function)

I have it working but took the latest build from the repo as there were some issues with the last release.

This is how I am using it to load a CSV file and display the week.

1 Like

Hi @sytone, @Bleh, @Abe, and @pburgos, the fix for the dataview snippet is now available in version 0.5.2. You can find documentation for it here: Dataview integration - Obsidian Full Calendar I hope that helps!

1 Like

I also would like to announce that Obsidian Full Calendar is now available in the community plugin list! Click here to install.

You can find a fully revamped documentation site here: Obsidian Full Calendar.

1 Like