From Evernote to Obsidian

A couple days ago I heard that EN is killing legacy (as of today, I believe) and is limiting free accounts to 1 folder and 50 notes - meaning I can’t change a single character in my many thousands of notes. I decided I’d better get to converting my personal EN to Obsidian. Many batches of exporting .enex files later, I started my first trial.

Files in EN folder = 375
Import via Importer = 326 (it doesn’t convert webclips, lesson learned)
Import via Yarle v6.11.0 = 231 (all tags missing, no idea what I did wrong)

I’d already started cleaning up the content in the Importer version when I realized I was missing webclips, so I didn’t want to abandon it. What I ended up doing was comparing the Importer and Yarle folders via command prompt. I created a file in the active Vault that contains the titles of the missing files I will eventually capture from the Yarle vault. I now have 376 imported notes (yes, one more than the original; not sure where the extra came from yet).

Thankfully this folder was nothing but recipes, so I’m not worried about the missing tags. I’ll use this same .enex file to test and improve my Yarle settings. It is much more detailed than the version I used in Aug 2021 and was key to getting the files Importer missed.