Forum: Create an Upvote System for "useful" answers in the Forum / 1- Sort Forum Replies by Likes

On Usefulness

Danang, 2021-08-19

Dear Madams and Sirs,

forgive me, if you have solved this issue already. - but I was not able to search/find it yet.

It is wonderful and helpful to read the answers of the forum questions / requests in chronologically order.

However, I wonder if it would be useful to have an “upvote” system for the most useful answers within a post.

Maybe to sort the most :heart: (loved) replies would be a simple start with a “low hanging fruit” until you have added a “useful” counter.

Because this is my first Forum entry, I would like to share my feedback with you, if you are interested, as follows.

Thank you all of you making this app and the forum tick and improving.

So far, the tool feels very helpful - instead of limiting my mental processing to “suit” the common, linear and contextual perception of the majority of my species, it finally allows me to “trust” this redundancy-system and find calmness in the exploration of my multi-dimensional interconnectedness of the perception of this life: which overall is fascinating and intriguing, but some times complex and simple at the same time and space.

In addition, if [[Marcus Aurelius]] was true in his observation, that "not only because we are daily nearer to death, but also because the conception of things and the understanding of them cease first.” - then such tools could become very important, if we should fall to the weakness of the human mind.

What is life, if we would have collected, tasted and consumed a life so full and rich in experiences, understanding, compassion and love; but we would not be able to remember or contribute a single thing of it?

Thank you every one for your contribution in this answer.
Humans are amazing! #remember #wow

Sincerely, N

[[How to close the Circle between the Seniors and the Kids]]
[[Senate]]
#letters/public

You can already sort topics by likes/comments.

Click the drop-down menu at the top of any view and sort by Top.

When a thread is large, Discourse also presents a summarize button, which shows the most popular replies in the thread.

2 Likes