Font size over 30 pixels

Please allow Font size in pixels that affects editor and preview to have more than 30 pixels. I have poor eyesight and 30 is not that big size for me. I can read it but bigger would feel much more comfortable. At the moment H3 size is appropriate for me. And apart from that, bigger screen size allows bigger font size even when someone has correct eyesight. It is just much more comfortable to read long texts with bigger font size.

How about 60 or 100 pixels limit. And does it really need to be a limit?

If you have this kind of accessibility issue, have you tried using the accessibility settings of you OS. it’ll make everything bigger (even menus and modals).
This is generally the first thing to adjust if you have a bigscreen/hi dpi screen

I am aware of this settings but I don’t want to change my system settings. The fact that I am able to see smaller font for example in apps menu doesn’t mean that it is comfortable as a font size for notes.

It obvious that over certain size it becomes ridiculous but 30 is too little to become an upper limit number, in my opinion.

It can be done with css. Go to Settings → Appearance → CSS snippets → open snippets folder. Then create a file “obsidian.css” in the opened folder.

Put the following text in the file:

.cm-s-obsidian
{
font-size: 40px;
}

where “40px” is your desired font-size for editor/preview.

Don’t forget to enable (toggle) this snippet in the Appearance section of the Settings.

Also, keep in mind that this method doesn’t work with every theme, so you have to try it with each theme you want to use. It works with the Default and LYT mode themes for me.

1 Like

Also, if you sync your vault between desktop and mobile, on mobile font size might be too large for you. So you can create the second snippet the same way, for example “obsidian2.css”, with smaller font-size and switch between them in the settings. So when you are on mobile - obsidian2.css with smaller size, and for desktop - obsidian.css with bigger size.

P.S. you can call css files the way you want: for example, font_mobile.css and font_desktop.css.

1 Like

Is there a way to do this only for Chinese characters? Latin letters and Chinese characters are really not adjusted in Obsidian (you get giant latin letters with tiny cn characters)… it’s ok on desktop as you can zoom in, but on ipad the pinch and zoom feature doesn’t work…