Folgezettel sequence sidebar plugin

I am interested in the Folgezettel technique of putting notes into a sequence, but am not wanting to use the folgezettel label in the note file name. I’d also like to browse the hierarchy in a tree view. I tried to create this with Dataview and got 90% of the way there, but didn’t realize that a Dataview outline wouldn’t be able to fold.

Basically, I want to recreate a plugin like one of these, only instead of dendron or tags, the tree represents the folgezettel hierarchy. And the hierarchy labels are contained in a file property instead of the name. e.g. the property “sequence” below,

My great file name

---
date: 2023-10-01
tags: foo, bar
sequence: 2a3b4
---

While I can do some minor javascript work, unfortunately something of this level is beyond my ability. But could be a cool project for Obsidian October if someone else was interested!

I second this, Daniel Ludecke created his own Zettelkasten software that has this features and demonstrates how it might work. I was thinking about this in the context of Obsidian back in 2021, using the term “Note Sequencer” instead.

I unfortunately am also lacking in the programming skills to just create it myself!