Folder as markdown note

This is really great, thank you @aidenlx!!

I have one request and not sure how doable that is (no programmer here…). I usually store my “note description” not in a YAML field but in an inline field (like Abstract:: xxxx). Would it be possible for the plugin to recognize these for the Description Field?
I really love that you can set a description field and so on the “note cards” the intended description appears. It would just make this feature a little more useful for me.

Again, thanks for the great plugin!

1 Like

Tracked in here now: Feature: Support dataview fields · Issue #19 · aidenlx/alx-folder-note · GitHub

2 Likes

Thank you – this would be awesome! (And sorry for not creating it on GitHub directly.)

Great plugin, just what I was looking for!! Thanks :slight_smile:

One thing I think would be helpful, being able to choose default action when clicking the notes, for example: Open in new window by default.

You should be able to do so by middle clicking on note title

I don’t get the same behaviour, when clicking the note title from the folverv it opens the note, when doing it with CTRL key then it opens two pages of the note.
See the following gif

Any chance to support Obsidian on iOS/iPadOS?

Seems to work quite well after changing isDesktopOnly in manifest.json to false:

There is a (configuration iCloud sync related?) issue though: folders are behaving like ordinary folders if I open/close Obsidian on any of my other devices.

Here is an explanation:

• I’m opening Obsidian on my iMac, everything is working great. The folders are looking like this:
    Снимок экрана 2021-08-23 в 20.13.20
  • Now I’m closing Obsidian on iMac and switch to iPad and opening/closing Obsidian here
  • Then I’m going back to iMac. After opening Obsidian the folders are looking like this (so, they are normal folders without associated notes):
    Снимок экрана 2021-08-23 в 20.15.53
  • Restarting the app on iMac makes folders work like notes again.

The same happens on iPhone if I’m opening/closing Obsidian on iMac: I should restart an app to force folders to act like a note. This does not happens if I’m not opening Obsidian on other devices. This makes me think, that this is some kind of configuration sync issue. I use iCloud-based synchronisation.

UPD: this does not to be an issue when using xpgo’s folder note.

Do you have any ideas how this can be fixed?

Thanks!

tracked here: Open file in folderv with modifier also open it in original leaf · Issue #20 · aidenlx/alx-folder-note (github.com)

1 Like

Can you show me the console output on your iMac when this issue occurred? Screen recording with console opened is even better.

To check for errors, first open the developer tools by pressing Ctrl-Shift-I on Windows/Linux or Cmd-Opt-I on macOS, and then go to the “Console” tab. If you want to save the error to a log file, you can right click on the error and choose “Save as…”.

Here it is: file-explorer not found error on Obsidian startup right after Obsidian was started/closed on other device:

Here is a link to a log file.

A bit late, but thank you so much, @xpgo and @aidenlx for working on these plugins! I happened to stop posting before they were developed and missed the whole thing, but I’m incredibly thankful for you working so hard on them! Now I’m going to go describe my folders finally!

:joy:

2 Likes

I would love this functionality but for Obsidian Publish! I had the same idea of having a note named the same as the folder name and then when you click on the folder it takes you to that note by default.