Fold/Unfold headings up to specific level hotkeys

• 1 for this feature, outliner plugin does this, but I found the verticle line length is pretty limited there. Hope this could be implemented!
1 Like

Adding my +1 for a “unfold all levels” feature here. Creases is mentioned as a solution to this thread, but unfortunately it doesn’t support bulleted lists. I make use of folding bulleted lists liberally, and on especially long documents it’s a major pain to go through and click every single bullet point to expand it when I want to view the whole thing.

Given the existence of a “Fold all headings and lists” command, I’m very confused why there isn’t a corresponding “Unfold all headings and lists” command!

1 Like

Adding +1 for this.
The core outline mode is very limited in MANY respects and should be overhauled and the list of suggestions already made for that core feature and very long and a good reference for development.

+1 for a proper step-by-step fold/unfold solution.

(Fold more/less hotkeys, but for the entire document. Without being in edit mode.)

Fold/Unfold all should also be one toggle hotkey, imo.

+1 from me!

+1 for –

hotkey: Cycle fold – 3 states

1. First press Folds up to heading under cursor
  2. Unfold to show only direct sub-headings of heading under cursor
  3. Unfolds entire content below heading under cursor.

Cycle fold hotkey + Holding Shift

1. Fold all headings in Document
  2. Unfold all top level headings to sub-level
  3. Unfold entire document

+2 for –

Hotkey - Iterative unfold (acts from heading immediately above cursor pos;

• alt+shift L unfolds to next heading level, alt-shift h folds one level up from lowest open heading