Flashcard feature akin to that in logseq

I am aware that we now have the Spaced Repetition plugin as well as AOSR that enables us to make flashcards in Obsidian. However, it would be great if there could be a plugin that possesses the functionality of logseq. The options available on obsidian do not seamlessly flow along notes that one would normally take. For instance, the spaced reptition plugin requires the following format for multi-line cards:

question
?
answer 1 
answer 2

AOSR on the other hand requires the following format

#Q
question
?
answer

On logseq, it is possible to create flashcards in the following manner:

- question #card
    - answer
    - answer 2

The logseq flashcard feature offers a greater degree of maneuverability when it comes to integrating flashcards within notes. It is also more convenient especially if you take notes predominantly by outlining.
Furthermore, the available plugin options do not integrate well with bullet/outline notes while the logseq flashcard feature does

2 Likes

If there is a way like this, but you need to add a #Q flag, can you accept it?

#Q
- question #card
    - answer

Oh, nice app! Wow, I haven’t searched well enough through all the spaced repetition options.

I guess the #Q flag is a must, huh…
I’d have to edit all of my cards again :sweat_drops:

What are some flashcard apps/plugins that support outline format…

That’s an improvement but I was thinking of a plugin that seamlessly incorporates flashcards in notes like logseq or Remnote without additional hastags as such. I use the outline method for note-taking so I kinda want to avoid even the “#Q” if that’s possible. Obviously I am have no idea if making such a plugin is possible within Obsidian. I personally feel that making flashcard plugin (community or inbuilt) that seamlessly incorporates itself within the outline method of note-taking would make it even better for students.

As of now I use anki because the algorithm is more repetitive (if that’s the right word?) and it allows for more revision. The current options on obsidian imho add a lot of clutter which I am trying to avoid. But if an anki-like algorithm could be incorporated in obsidian in a manner that if flows seamlessly along with notes, I feel that it would be even better than using an isolated app as it would help in contextualising the flashcards in the backdrop of the information it is embedded in.

1 Like

In my knowledge if you integrate obsidian with logseq (which is easy since both are markdown based), then you can just make notes in obsidian, add the card hashtag, and review your flashcard on logseq. But if you want to take that route, just research things beforehand because I am not sure of other possible complications. I haven’t switched to logseq yet because a) logseq is still in development, b) obsidian has way more flexibility imo.

Remnote is an app that supports seamless flashcards and honestly their feature is top-notch. But it has a lot of features that are behind the paywall, I can’t afford to pay that much, and it is not markdown-based. So I am sticking with Obsidian.

1 Like

I will consider your opinion. Maybe I will implement a function similar to logseq in AOSR in the future. I checked the review mode of logseq and found that there are still many things to deal with if I want to be compatible with the review mode of logseq.

1 Like

In fact, #Q is not necessary. If I want to implement logseq compatibility as quickly as possible, I need to use #Q. I think I should consider a fully compatible approach with logseq. However, because I only implemented this plugin in order to learn English, the current function has been satisfied for my personal use. I’m not sure if I will really go ahead with this project.

1 Like