Firefox freezes desktop when dragging URL to Obsidian

When I drag URL from the Firefox browser to Obsidian, I get some brief (~1-10 seconds) of freezing. This happens on multiple computers, but I don’t have the same issue in other browsers.
I also don’t observe this issue when dragging a url from Firefox to other applications.

I strongly prefer to use firefox over other browsers, and I really benefit from dragging the URL into Obsidian. Anything to do to fix this?

What OS?

Does it happen in the sandbox vault? Or if you turn off community plugins?

Can you please paste your “Show debug info”?

I’m in Windows, and it’s happening in the sandbox vault and doesn’t seem to care about plug-ins etc.
It’s also happening on multiple computers for me.

Show debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.15.9
Installer version: v0.15.9
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

I don’t often use Firefox, but it does seem to be extraordinarily slow to do this at times. (I didn’t check out exactly what was being frozen.) I’d assume it’s a Firefox issue though if you don’t have it in other browsers (are all the other browsers Chromium based?)

I get the same result in Windows and Firefox.

It gets very laggy. And sometimes - but not always - causes Obsidian to freeze up and then crash.

More disturbingly, when I reopened Obsidian, the file I had been testing was empty. Luckily File Recovery worked to get it back.

The only thing is that Firefox does not have the same issue with other applications

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.