Filterable Dataview Table / Change Work Mode / Filter Note List

I have a dataview table of all my open projects on my index (home) page. This list shows all of my currently active projects. I have just added a way to change the mode I am to see only related projects that I thought was pretty neat and worth a share.

TL;DR: Add a dataview (or frontmatter) field and filter the dataview table based on that.

Setup

Plugins Needed

Note: This can be set up using Frontmatter OR dataview inline fields. I will use frontmatter below but both will work.

File: index.md
This is the page you will work from. This is where the dataview table lives as well as the filter field.

1. Add work_mode: Work to the frontmatter (this is what you will edit to filter the DV table)

2. Add the dataview table (tweak to fit your use case)

```dataview
     TABLE 	
     status as Status,
     dateformat(file.mtime, "yyyy-MM-dd") as "Last Modified"

FROM #active

WHERE file.name != this.file.name
     WHERE status_category = this.work_mode

SORT file.mtime desc
     ```

The important bit is the WHERE status_category = this.work_mode, outside that, tweak this to fit your use case. As is it will pull in all notes with the #active tag that match the status_category of “Work”. Likely you’ll have zero results at this point.

Files: Project Notes

1. Go to each of your note files and add work_mode: Work (Categorize to suit your needs).

2. Optional steps: Add a button that uses MedaEdit to edit the frontmatter (on the index page).

This could be expanded to similar things like priority, or due date, etc.

2 Likes