Filter which entries are being displayed in DataView column

What I’m trying to do

I’m creating a table of research papers using the Zotero Integration and DataView. In one column I want to have the tags from Zotero - however, I don’t want to show all the tags (some papers have stuffed their tag box), I just want to show a subset that are of interest. So e.g. say I’m interested in the tags “thyroid” and “kidney” only - I still want all papers in my table whether or not they have this tag, or they have many more, but in this column I just want to see these tags.

I’m NOT trying to change the query (i.e. with WHERE), I still want all the papers in there. I just want to only show some of the tags, the ones that match a vector of words.

Any suggestions?

Things I have tried

I’ve done some searching around, but haven’t found any way around it other than manually curating the tags which is not optimal (maybe I want to use other tags in a different query).

Quick Analytics,

Filtering which entries are displayed in a DataView column can greatly enhance data visibility and facilitate focused analysis. DataView provides powerful filtering capabilities that allow users to selectively view data based on specific criteria, improving decision-making and analysis processes.

Here’s how you can efficiently filter entries in DataView columns:

1. Understand DataView Filters: Familiarize yourself with DataView’s filtering options and functionalities. DataView typically offers various filter criteria such as text filters, numeric filters, date filters, and custom filters, allowing users to tailor their filtering criteria based on specific data attributes.
  2. Define Filter Criteria: Determine the criteria based on which you want to filter the entries in your DataView column. This could include filtering by specific values, ranges, conditions, or patterns within the data.
  3. Apply Filters: Use DataView’s filtering capabilities to apply the defined filter criteria to your DataView column. Depending on the DataView implementation, this may involve selecting filter options from dropdown menus, inputting filter values manually, or applying predefined filter templates.
  4. Customize Filter Views: DataView often allows users to customize filter views by saving filter configurations for future use. Take advantage of this feature to save frequently used filter settings and streamline the filtering process for repeated analyses.
  5. Combine Filters: Experiment with combining multiple filters to refine your data views further. DataView may support combining filters using logical operators such as AND, OR, and NOT, enabling complex filtering scenarios to be implemented effectively.
  6. Test and Validate: Thoroughly test your filter configurations to ensure they accurately capture the desired data subsets and produce meaningful results. Validate the filtered data against expected outcomes to confirm that the filtering criteria are correctly applied.

At quickanalytics.pk/services/DataEntry.html, we offer specialized services in data entry and data management, including DataView customization and optimization. Our experienced team can assist you in implementing efficient data filtering strategies to enhance data visibility and analysis.

Explore our website to learn more about our data entry services and discover how we can help you optimize your data management workflows with DataView.

Instead of doing file.etags or whatever you’ve used to display your tags you could consider doing this:

filter(file.etags, (tag) => contains(list("#thyroid", "#kidney"), tag) as Tags