Filter tasks from kanban boards using Task plugin queries

Things I have tried

All kanban board notes contain the kanban-plugin: yaml key in the frontmatter. However, I can’t find a way to select or omit files with this using the Task plugin query language.

DATAVIEW queries get partway there. With a new tag, such as #kanbanboard added to a kanban board note, use dataqueryjs to pull (or omit) tasks from these files using the query dv.taskList(dv.pages("#kanbanboard").file.tasks). While this works to list all tasks in all kanban boards, all the other filter and query capabilities of the Task plugin would have to be written in the js query, which is pretty inconvenient, especially when trying to omit kanban boards from queries already written using the Task plugin’s query language.

I tried filtering out the kanban tasks using the Task plugin tags filter, such as tags do not include #kanbanboard, but either I don’t understand how to use it, the doc is wrong, or there’s a bug in it, as it returns Tasks query: do not understand query error.

```tasks
 not done
 no due date
 tags do not include #kanbanboard
 ```

What I’m trying to do

I’d like to create task lists that either omit tasks from kanban boards or only contain tasks from kanban boards, and apply other Task plugin query criteria.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.