Steps to reproduce
- Open Sandbox Vault
- In Settings under Files & Links disable “Use [[WikiLinks]]” and change New Link Format to “Relative path to file”
- Create a Folder (Can be called anything - Main Folder)
- Create a Sub Folder (Folder inside folder created in Step 2 - Sub Folder)
- Create a Note in the Main Folder
- Create a Note in the Sub Folder and add a link to the file in the Main Folder
- Move the file inside the Sub Folder into the Main Folder and vice versa
When the file(s) is/are moved from one location to another, the path to all the files referenced in the file(s) being moved should be updated
When file(s) is/are moved the path to the files linked in the moved file(s) is/are not getting updated. What makes it more difficult to reproduce is that sometimes when the file(s) is/are moved the links do in fact update.
Additionally, I have noticed is that the popup that shows the no. of links that where updated does not show up when the links in the files are not updated. Possibly some bug related to file location change detection ?
- Operating system: Windows 11 (22H2)
- Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO: Obsidian version: v1.1.15 Installer version: v1.1.15 Operating system: Windows 10 Home Single Language 10.0.22621 Login status: logged in Catalyst license: insider Insider build toggle: on Live preview: on Legacy editor: off Base theme: dark Community theme: none Snippets enabled: 0 Restricted mode: on RECOMMENDATIONS: none
Video demonstrating the bug uploaded as a GIF (Not sure why the speed is so slow)
Same video uploaded to a external site (No speed issue)