File Recovery (Core Plugin): Scroll bar missing when "Show diff" is toggled "On"

Hi there :blush: !
This is more a small inconvenience than anything else but after asking about it on Discord, I was told that it might be worth, just in case, to file a bug report… So, here I am :blush: .

The issue I’ve stumbled upon is that when consulting snapshots of a note using the File Recovery core plugin, there’s no scroll bar when Show diff is toggled On.

I know that, depending on the snapshots and the edits made, lines get folded so only the most recent diff is visible.
Problem is, if one unfolds the folded lines while Show diff is On, without the scroll bar, there’s sometimes no way to consult a diff anymore :pensive: .

Steps to reproduce

1. Open the Sandbox Vault
  2. Access the File Recovery Core Plugin in SettingsFile Recovery
  3. Once there, locate the button View and click on it
  4. Search for the note Start Here and select a snapshot.
    • As Start Here is automatically opened when accessing the Sandbox vault, there should be at least one snapshot available for that note.
  5. Check to see if you can vertically scroll through the snapshot while Show diff is still toggled Off
  6. Now, set Show diff to On and try to look at the whole diff (the plus and minus parts) in the snapshot by vertically scrolling through it

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes :blush:
Tested and reproduced in the Sandbox Vault.

Expected result

When Show diff is toggled On, I’m expecting to be able to scroll through the whole thing if/when needed, especially when I manually unfold some potentially folded lines (if any), the same way I’m able to do so when Show diff is toggled Off.

Actual result

As there’s no scroll bar present when Show diff is toggled On well I can’t scroll through the whole diff… Meaning that, sometimes, I can’t actually see what was removed and/or added (depending on the length of the note, if I unfold folded lines in the snapshot)

Here’s a screen-recording from the Sandbox Vault showing that I can scroll through the snapshot when Show diff is Off but then nothing happens when Show diff is On

All I’m able to see is red “removed” part of the diff which was replaced by the content of Start Here when I opened the Sandbox vault which should be below …

File recovering - Show Diff - No scroll bar

Environment

MacOS Big Sur 11.7.10 + Obsidian v1.4.16

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.4.16
	Installer version: v1.4.13
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 20.6.0: Thu Jul  6 22:12:47 PDT 2023; root:xnu-7195.141.49.702.12~1/RELEASE_X86_64 20.6.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: supporter
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: off
	Plugins installed: 0
	Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

As I first asked on Discord before reporting this here, CSS Magician SailKite gave me a tiny snippet which seems to solve the issue :grin: !

.sync-history-diff {
    max-height: 100%;
}

Maybe this could be implemented in Obsidian at some point so one can scroll through a snapshot in File Recovery at any given time :blush: (Show diff toggled Off or On, lines folded or not)

Here’s a screen-recording from the Sandbox Vault, after adding and enabling the CSS snippet above :blush: .

File Recovery - Show Diff - Scroll bar

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

will be fixed v1.5.1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.