File Cover similar to Notion

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before making a new feature request. If your request is very similar to an existing one, consider liking it and/or making a comment rather than making a new one. Once you’ve searched and determined that this is a new request, delete this line.

Use case or problem

The files haven’t a cover, it will be beautiful the optional possiblity to add an image as fiel cover.

Proposed solution

Add the possibility to have a cover for files at the file begin like in Notion, but better in Obsidian

3 Likes

Check the banner plugin !

I tried it, but it sometimes doesn’t work or it very slowly to load. If it was an internal feature would be more speed and compatible on smartphone

2 Likes

:+1: I really would like this, the banner plugin has stopped working recently due to the Property Wrangler addition

I’m using this snippet, which is currently working in my vault anyway.
I can’t remember exactly where I got it, sorry to whoever shared it.
You must use this syntax:

---
cssclasses: banner-image
---
![[image-name|banner]]

And you can add higher or lower behind the image to position it differently. You can also change this width in the css to 100% depending on how it appears on your notes:

.banner-image img[alt*="banner"] {
           position: absolute;
           top: 0;
           left: 0;
           right: 0;
           height: var(--banner-height) !important;
           width: 90% !important;

banner image.css (6.7 KB)

I agree, I had a banner on my home MOC, and after a month, it broke and the file got corrupted somehow. I had to redo the whole thing.