(my first issue,) I have lost a few files recently - filled with null characters. I’m a new Obsidian user and love it, but having files corrupted is a show stopper for me and I’ll go back to Evernote if I can’t get to the bottom of it.
I have two vaults, both syncing. The vault with corruption has two differences from the other; 1. I use it on two machines instead of 1 and 2) it’s a laptop (no battery dead crashes) which often suspends and resumes.
Another potential clue – the files had attachments and the attachments are also corrupted.
I’ve turned on file recovery and increased the time for retention, which should help in the future, but would rather think of restoring from backup as for exceptional cases like power failure or HW crashes.
I have no idea when these files first became corrupted.
I don’t know what caused the problem. The result is a file filled with null characters.
Sorry, it was a file filled with useful data (which is what I expected when I opened it again), now it is filled with null characters
- Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 19044.2006
- Debug info:
Obsidian version: v0.15.9
Installer version: v0.15.9
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 1
1: Tasks v1.15.0