[Feature] OneDrive Sync on iOS and Android

Platform

[x] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.1.1 (8)

As I am working with both, mac and windows devices, the easiest method to sync my files is with OneDrive. This method runs smoothly and I don’t plan to change it in the future, as I use Azure as my primary cloud-service for literally everything. Now with the mobile app on the way it would be really great, if I could sync my existing knowledge-bases from OneDrive to my mobile-phone. This would help me and hopefully other users a great bit with remote working on our files.

3 Likes

On iOS, OneDrive needs to allow apps to access its files via the File Provider API before Obsidian can access a vault there. So, make sure you submit a FR on that request too.

(Same goes for all sync services.)

Android:
It doesn’t work with the native Onedrive app.

I solved it with the Onesync app:

This syncs any folder, in my case the Vault folder, directly to a folder in Android. This folder can then be specified as the Vault folder in obsidian mobile. Works great in both directions.

4 Likes

I tried on my iPhone and now it’s possible to change move delete files in onedrive through the iOS file app…

So if it’s another app to do this I think it’s also possible…

I think the best way on iOS is to allow us choose vault through the iOS file app.

This is not possible:
https://help.obsidian.md/Obsidian/iOS+app#Third+party+sync+support

This is not the same thing as Microsoft implementing the iOS File Provider API such that folders can be monitored by other apps, unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.