[Feature] Navigate search results with search sidebar hidden, main pane fullscreen

Platform

[ ] iOS
[+] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.4

Use case

I need to find a note on mobile. I open search panel and type in a term. Search results are displayed in a list with a title, very short fragment of content and no media. If the search term turns many results it is hard to get to exact note i am looking for based on such little info alone, especially if what i am looking for is an image or other piece of media. So I have to:

1. Click on search result
  2. See if that is the note I am looking for
  3. If not, open search panel and click on next result
  4. repeat until found

Possible solutions

A

Optonal extended representation of item in search results list inculding more content and media

B (my preferred one)

An ability to navigate to next search result while search panel is hidden and I am looking at one of the results in fullscreen.

For this to activate we would need a shortcut, so a gesture on mobile. Swipe/2-finger swipe from left or right already taken, as is swipe from top. So the idea I could come up with is:

Make “navigate forward” act as “navigate to next search result” if there is nowhere else to naviage forward to. As I understand right now it only does something if I’ve navigated back. So the workflow would be as follows:

1. Click on search result
  2. See if that is the note I am looking for
  3. If not, 2-finger swipe right to go to next item
  4. Repeat until found
  5. Use navigate back/forward as usual

Thank you for reading

1 Like