[Feature] Improve general UI and UX in iOS app

Platform

iOS
Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.5

There are several improvements to be made to the iOS app, since as of right now it is very itchy and unintuitive to use.

Improve full screen support

In the following images it is clearly displayed some error when the left and right side menus open. The bottom part of the screen is never used (not even in preview or edit mode), while the top part of the menu overlaps with the notch and it is impossible to see.

Make closing notes quicker

As of right now, to close a note on iOS I have to:

1. Open the right side menu
  2. Click on the three dots on the top right
  3. Click “close this pane”

Wouldn’t it be way better to simply add an “x” on the top right, next to the button which opens the menu?

7 Likes

I think the left pane can be improved. The “Obsidian” text and “x files, x folders” is a waste of the limited screen space:

Also, switching between search, folders, starred and recent files is cumbersome. Instead it should show those options on top like it does on the desktop:

7 Likes

+1 to all of those.

Specific cases of this issue should probably get their own threads so they can be found and addressed more easily.

Here’s one:

This would make it easy to accidentally close your note when trying to open the menu. It’s also a feature I (and I think most people) would never use on a phone where there’s hardly room for multiple panes.

+1
Hiding the File explorer, Search, Favorites, etc behind another menu adds a lot of friction.

If not for a technical issues, this button arrangement needs review to look like the desktop version
I wanted to emphasize “Hiding” with bold but didn’t because I want to keep my post formally nice

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.