[Feature] Android homepage icon for different vaults

Platform

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.19

Is it possible to have two different icons on Android devices for 2 different vaults?
Currently I just press the single button on my homescreen, Obsidian loads a vault (never sure which, exactly), I have to wait for it to load, then I have to select the different vault from within Obsidian.

Sure would be nice to just have a homepage icon for vault #1 and another for vault #2.

1 Like

See here: Using obsidian URI - Obsidian Help

That help page does not mention Android, for some reason, but I can confirm that the link on that page, when I follow it from my browser on my Android phone, opens Obsidian.

So, if you follow the instructions at the bottom of that page to specify a particular vault, you should be able to open a specific vault from the address bar of a web browser on your phone.

I’m not really sure how you could add the vault’s URI to your homescreen, though, because to do that, typically something would have to load in your browser, so that your browser recognizes it as an address, which it won’t do, since the link will take you straight to the Obsidian app.

I found this page on working around that problem. It’s a bit old but it may still work: 6.0 marshmallow - How can I edit the URL of a home screen bookmark? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

1 Like

Thanks so much looper. I’ll give it a go.

+1 for this feature. Introducing an obsidian widget which links to a specific vault would be ultra convenient!

2 Likes

+1 for this feature. I like this. I hope it creates another window similar to obsidian desktop. If it is just opens the vault overwriting the current instance, then it’s just the same as switching in the app.