External links, incorrect cursor position on click

I’m not sure it is a bug, to me, it is because this behavior is counter to what I expect to happen.

When I click where the X is marked, the cursor goes to the beginning instead of the end of the text (clicking more than once, doesn’t change anything). This happens with external links only.

It’s kind of annoying when there’s no content below the link because to continue writing I can’t just press enter for a new line. I need to press “End” for the cursor to go to the end of the line, and then “Enter” for a new line.

I noticed another peculiarity related to this:

When I want to select the text by holding the mouse button and moving across the text the external link doesn’t get selected.

In the image above I moved the mouse from x to y, and the start of selection is right before the external link, instead of including the link as well (expected behavior).

Please resubmit this bug report and make sure that: 1) you follow the bug report template, 2) you use the default theme (no css) and 3) there are no third-party plugins enabled (You can use the help vault for 2 and 3).