Export to PDF broken

It is a while (forgot since which version) that I cannot export note to PDF using the native PDF export feature.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open a note.
  2. Click on the three dots and “Export to PDF”.
  3. Click “Export” on the export setting window and select a filename.

Expected result

A PDF should be created.

Actual result

Obsidian shows the progress dialog of the export (but it disappears very quickly) before showing “PDF saved to filename.pdf”. However, no file is created.

Environment

• Operating system: Fedora 35
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.13.19
	Installer version: v0.12.3
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: supporter
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: off
	Legacy editor: on
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Safe mode: off
	Plugins installed: 31
	Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

As you can see, I disabled all plugins and CSS snippets to test.

Additional information

Opening Obsidian through the command line allows reading the following message:

(node:152102) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Failed to generate PDF
(Use `obsidian --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:152102) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:152102) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I did not manage to open the developer tools to get access to more information.

first, download and reinstall obsidian. second, are you saving the PDF in directory that obsidian has write access?

I was saving in my home (which I had done many times). Downloading and reinstalling solved the problem, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.