Errors Seen in the Developer Console ALT+CMD+i

Things I have tried

I am getting Errors in the Development Console, and would like to trace them back to the cause. When I first load obsidian I get an identifier for every plugin that loads, like VM138:5677 and when errors occur under that number, I can disable the plugin, but what to do if the error has a number that does not refer back to one of your plugins? Sometimes I get an error specifying a plugin that I never downloaded…

What I’m trying to do

Are there notes somewhere on how to trace obsidian errors back to their cause, or back to the note in question?

best regards

Enable Settings > Community Plugins > Safe Mode, then restart Obsidian.
Any errors that remain are coming from the core app or a core plugin.

To find which community plugin is creating errors you can enable Settings > Community Plugins > Debug startup time, and restart.
That setting will also enable source maps for plugins, so you can see which exact line in a plugin the error is coming from.

One of the current insider builds(0.14.3) will replace those VM138:5677 identifiers with the more readable plugin ID.

Until then, you can use the Divide & Conquer plugin (obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-divide-and-conquer | https://github.com/chrisgrieser/obsidian-divide-and-conquer) to bisect which plugin is causing the error.

1 Like

thanks for the info. I think my uncaught (in promise) errors have to do with the date format settings … tbd

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.