When updating my journal, I’d like to be able to include a relatively precise location. Unfortunately this is essentially impossible right now - best we can do is IP based, which is very imprecise.
- Include the permissions required in manifests for iOS/Android.
At least on iOS, the user won’t be asked until they actually use the feature.
- Ensure that
- For additional accessibility, provide a command that enters the current location as a core plugin.
- For extra additional accessibility, provide the core template with the ability to insert location on insert.
- This is also useful for weather information in weather-station-dense localities.
- Use free services - quite limited.
- Some plugins use IP geolocation to provide an approximate area.
- I’m considering using iOS shortcuts and Templater magic to “give” the geolocation data to Obsidian.
I’ve found a similar thread in a very different place on the forum.